The Pennsylvania Coalition for Oral Health is pleased to announce the joining of our newest member organization, the New Era Dental Society.
The mission of New Era Dental Society is to:
- Promote awareness of dental needs in the African American community and to provide assistance to those in need of dental care
- Provide positive role models to their community
- Provide financial assistance to dental students, dental hygienists, and dental assistants matriculating in dental medicine
- Promote camaraderie among its members
- Empower the membership by increasing the knowledge base through effective continuing education
Since 1993, the New Era Dental Society has awarded over $100,000 toward dental education in conjunction with matching funds from the National Dental Foundation and the Colgate-Palmolive Company. The Society is involved in many local and national programs in addition to PCOH.
Says Renee Fennell-Dempsey, DMD, President of NEDS, "NEDS remains a vital resource to African American and minority dentists, dental allied health professionals, dental and dental hygiene school students as well as to the community-at-large, particularly the underserved population. This year our Society is focused on increasing membership and participation while continuously promoting education, scholarship, mentorship, legislative and economic empowerment and community service."
To all members of NEDS: We're excited to have you as a part of PCOH. We look forward to working with you!