State of Oral Health
The facts about the current state of Oral Health
- Pennsylvania is working on our sealant initiatives to create an even bigger reach for children. The full report will be posted in the Fall of 2017; if you would like to be more involved in these outcomes as we move forward with the 2017-2020 Oral Health Plan, please let us know.
- Tens of millions of Americans go without needed dental care because they cannot find a dental provider, can’t afford care, lack of dental insurance or unaware of the importance of dental care
- By the time they reach kindergarten, more than 40 percent of American children experience tooth decay. Painful dental problems affect children’s overall health and ability to focus in the classroom.
- A 2012 report from the PEW CENTER ON THE STATES comparing children's oral health care across 50 states graded Pennsylvania a D.
- Increasing numbers of adults are seeking care at emergency rooms for dental problems because they have nowhere else to go creating a large unnecessary expense to the healthcare system.
Visit the new LiveHealthyPA.com page to view reports and valuable resources on oral health in PA!