Oral Health for Community Health Workers
In order to be eligible for continuing education units (CEUs), users must watch the video and complete all necessary tests (pre and post) for the course. Upon successful completion of the post-test, users will receive a confirmation email with the CEU certificate. Please note that it could take up to 30 minutes for this email to send. If you run into any issues or have any questions, please contact [email protected].
Course: Course Content 1 Oral Health for Community Workers
Community Health Workers can help to improve oral health because they are already trusted members of the community and understand community needs; they promote prevention and manage chronic diseases for the rest of the body. Since CHWs have regular, consistent contact with individuals and families, they are able to be valuable resources for oral health information.
- Explain the relationship between oral health and overall health
- Describe how dental disease can be prevented through daily care
- Demonstrate engaging, hands-on activities to promote oral health for pregnant women, children, families and communities
- Design a self-management plan for oral health
- Identify resources for oral health in your local area
The Q&A portion of this webinar was only open to live participants. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact Amy Requa via email at [email protected]
Course: Course Content 2
Course: Course Content 3
Course: Course Content 4
Course: Course Content 5
Oops! We could not locate your form.