Community Health Workers can help to improve oral health because they are already trusted members of the community and understand community needs; they promote prevention and manage chronic diseases for the rest of the body. Since CHWs have regular, consistent contact with individuals and families, they are able to be valuable resources for oral health information.
- Explain the relationship between oral health and overall health
- Describe how dental disease can be prevented through daily care
- Demonstrate engaging, hands-on activities to promote oral health for pregnant women, children, families and communities
- Design a self-management plan for oral health
- Identify resources for oral health in your local area